As per the guidelines of the Vice-Chancellor of University of Mumbai, the College has introduced a Women’s Development Cell with the main objective is to look into the grievances of the women, both staff members (teaching and non-teaching) as well as students and provide guidance and help to them.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of Women.
- To guide about Women Welfare Laws.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To directs Women’s role in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the College.
Facilities offered by college:
1. Complaint Management system:
- The college is proactive against any kind of teasing, harassment or ragging of students. The college has anti – ragging cell as per UGC guidelines and has recently set up Vigilance Squad to ensure safety of students in general and girls in specific.
- Women Development Cell -As per the guidelines of University the college has a WDC (Women Development Cell). It has a separate office room and conducts various activities along with NGO as mentioned earlier and also with University WDC unit.
- A lady counselor is available for personal counseling.
- There is suggestion/complaint box outside college office for all stakeholders to give their suggestions for improvement in all areas.
- The college authorities have an open door policy. The Principal and Vice Principal are available whenever the student approaches them. The college is very prompt in acting on any such complaint by students.Proper enquiry is conducted with the help of anti- ragging cell, WDC. Generally Matter is resolved by counseling. If need be parents are informed and counseled.
- Concerned teachers are also informed about these cases so that they can also help the students. The security staff and other non-teaching staff are also sensitized about such issues. They are observant and intervene in such matters to prevent them.
2. Special facilities for female staff and students:
- Round the clock security at gate.
- Neat, clean, airy staff room and girls’ common room for female staff members and girl students.
- The College premises, laboratories and corridors are under video surveillance equipped with CCTV cameras
- Availability of doctor in emergency.
- Special medical camp to detect anaemia, Thallesemia followed by counseling.
- In case of illness taking the students to doctor / dropping home.